Not enough people are taking spirulina powder. We believe taking this organic supplement is by far the most effective way to be healthy but achieve any goal for both women and men. Here's six reasons why!
1. Spirulina is between 60-70% protein by dry weight, or 4g of protein for each tablespoon. That’s more than meat and even soybeans. Although you won’t be eating enough to have it be a primary protein source, it’s a powerful supplement.
2. Spirulina contains all 8 essential amino acids in the correct ratios and 10 non-essential amino acids. With so many key amino acids available for ready access, the body’s cells are ready to “manufacture enzymes, proteins, hormones, brain chemicals and the other products of metabolism” (1).
3. Spirulina contains high levels of B-vitamins riboflavin (B2) and thiamine (B1), which are necessary for the body to turn carbohydrates into accessible energy. Just 1 tablespoon supplies 15% of the RDA for riboflavin and 11% of the RDA for thiamin.
4. Spirulina also supplies 11% of the RDA for iron in 1 tablespoon.
5. Spirulina is rich in minerals such as potassium, calcium, zinc, magnesium, manganese, selenium, iron and phosphorous and trace elements.
6. Spirulina contains antioxidants and important carotenoids and is one of the best known sources of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which is an important fatty acid for skin, joints and heart health.
Check out the article from FitLife.tv: http://fitlife.tv/6-proven-benefits-of-spirulina_original/